Twisted Weekly News #7
Author: Luc Stepniewski
Copyright: © The Twisted Community
* The Twisted Weekly News
* Cool Thing of the Week
I’ll try to keep the pace with the TWN, continuing the work of Chris Armstrong. Thanks to Noa Harvey who is correcting my english as it is not my primary language.
The Twisted Weekly News
7th Issue. Sunday, November 23, 2003
scripts are just usually short programs that do a very specific thing
that’s why a lot of us people who use interpreted languages hate it
when someone calls our language a “Scripting language” ;)
(I mean, look at Twisted and call it a “script” with a straight face)
* A new version (0.8.0) of Quotient (http://www.divmod.org/) has been released (Editing of preferences via FreeForm, Tests,Improved table sorting,People and contacts,Inbox manager,Trash Manager,Compose and send messages with attachments, Password recovery,Thumbnailing,STUN server,Numerous tweaks and fixes).
Cool Thing of the Week
* TouRSSt, by Tv (http://toursst.sourceforge.net/): TouRSSt tours the web so you don’t have to. Run frequently, it pulls new RSS news items from a number of channels and puts them where you want. The project existed for a long time, but it was revived on November, 2.
* Informant, by Nafai (http://www.travishartwell.net/projects/informant/): First version of Informant, an graphical event logger that makes notifications (Gnome based, but a standalone version is possible).
* Twibbler (http://slarty.polito.it:8069/~sciasbat/wiki/moin.cgi/twibber): Twibber is a Python package aimed at handling the Jabber/XMMP protocol in a completely asynchronous way, with no need of threads.
* Web Forum: A web forum has been created to allow people that like clicking to discuss more about Twisted! Its url is http://twisted.banquise.org/
Ok, that’s it for this week. Thanks for reading!
Lior Gradstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>