Twisted Weekly News #9
Author: Lior Gradstein
Contact: [email protected]
Copyright: © The Twisted Community
* The Twisted Weekly News
* Cool Thing of the Week
* Current releases
If you have any new information, ideas, announcements for the next TWN, please write to me,
The Twisted Weekly News
9th Issue. Sunday, December 14, 2003
* http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006692.html RodrigoB suggested to use Twisted for the refactoring of The Circle, a P2P app.
* http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006705.html Last week, someone asked for an example of a Jabber client using Twisted libs, darryl posted a reply this week. darryl posted another example using PEAK too (http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca/syncato/WK/blog/671?t=projects)
* http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006723.html Cinober explains his discoveries on debugging Twisted code within Emacs. Itamar gave a more generic explanation on how to debug general python code (http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006724.html)
* http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006745.html Richard Livsey asked why his IRC bot gets disconnected without any possibility of reconnection after sending too much data to the server. Timothee Besset replied he should read the IRC RFCs, that explains that his IRC bot was banned (flooding protection) and that he should use a rate limiting algorithm which doesn’t yet exist in Twisted IRCClient implementation. Andrew Bennetts answered that, actually, there is a rate limiting method, but it is more a delay than a rate limitation (http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006749.html) which solved Richard’s problem.
* Twisted 1.1.1: Itamar announced Twisted 1.1.1 as the official new stable release (http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006731.html). The changes are mainly bugfixes and minor improvements. MSN8P support in the MSN protocol has been updated and Conch SSH agent client now supports SSH auth agent.
* Quotient 0.8.8: A new version (0.8.8) of Quotient (http://www.divmod.org/) has been released. The pace of releases is getting faster each week. In this release (except from bugfixes), the database has been simplified and throttling tools have been added. To show that Quotient can be used as a framework not just for email, a project planning tool has been started (Anvil).
Cool Thing of the Week
* Twisted-web split A new mailing list (http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-web and stored on NNTP gmane.org) as well as a new IRC channel (irc://irc.freenode.net/#twisted.web) who focus on twisted.web and woven/nevow part of Twisted.
* Twisted: 1.1.1 (released 2003-12-10)
* Quotient: 0.8.8 (released 2003-12-12)
* Twisted Java: 0.6.1 (released 2003-12-02)
Ok, that’s it for this week. Thanks for reading!